Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Operations Address - [APRIL FOOLS!!] Housten, We Have a Problem

Greetings Prophecies:

This announcement may not be what everyone wants to see, but it is necessary. You may have noticed that the server has been going down randomly, due to specific crash issues. Unfortunately, this is a side-effect of a database corruption issue, resulting in the server crash side effects. Currently, the server is running off memory that is temporarily stored in our RAM and CPU cache. Therefore, when we restart our database server, all data will be lost and we will not be able to boot the server back up. We have spent the past few days testing backups, but all recent ones that we have contain this leak, which would eventually corrupt the database again.

Therefore, we will have to rollback to a version of the database that is safe for us to use. From our testing, the latest database backup that does not contain this leak is from December 17th, 2017. We will be using this, and add in safety nets so it does not happen again. This is an extremely difficult situation for all of us, but we will try to make this transition as smooth as possible and work through it. The server will be taken offline today to replace the database at 10:00PM EST. The expected downtime is approximately 2-3 hours.

EDIT:

Have a fun and happy April Fools everyone!

May the Force Be With You
    ~ SWG: Prophecy Staff
    Last edited by Iosnowore; Yesterday, 12:03 AM.

ahhhhh?* well fuck?* me?* thats gona hurt means all my toons will be deleted?* i was not here?* in december.

Comment

Not a very funny April Fools Joke. I almost deleted my account to go back to Legacy ... ?*

Comment

Working...
      X