• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
IogoomBring all space resources to the same level
For some reason, 4 space resources are stuck at 500 OQ. These resources should be brought in line with the other space resources at 1000 because they only have one stat, and applying only 50 percent to a craft is pointless.

The Space Resources still with 500 OQ are:
Petrochemical Asteroid
Methane Asteroid
Iron Asteroid
Diamond Asteroid
Agreed 100%
Whether the resource you're mining is 1000OQ or 500OQ it still takes the same amount of time and effort to procure.
They should all be 1000OQ imo.
The affect on crafting won't be huge, but it will be noticeable and a welcome change.
I agree. My miner and shipwright would love this very much.
Doesn't this stat get adjusted due to it a capped stat? I've used these resources and capped my projects.
After a lot of digging, the caps of resources is all the matters. What this means is that 500 OQ = 1000 OQ in the crafting calculator on how good things are. If you need confirmation do a search through SWGCraft (if you can find the post on Post CU crafting) or google SWG Resource caps when crafting. Either should point you to enough information to confirm this.
(05-22-2020, 03:57 AM)Aunvyrae Wrote: After a lot of digging, the caps of resources is all the matters. What this means is that 500 OQ = 1000 OQ in the crafting calculator on how good things are. If you need confirmation do a  search through SWGCraft (if you can find the post on Post CU crafting) or google SWG Resource caps when crafting. Either should point you to enough information to confirm this.

Unfortunately there are lot of variations without our own crafting that points out determinations in chassis mass. Some which aren't native to other servers.  Like HR affecting mass, but not MA.  I've done a massive amount of research and work on this.  It's honestly hard to determine how much it does affect it at experimentation as 500 OQ.

We won't know tbh until we can have a sample.  The other issue is any changes to resources can completely train wreck ALL resources.  This has happened before in the past where nothing spawned for weeks.

When I think more into this particular issue,  I think I'm going to have to rescind my support as no resources is lot worse than annoying resources.
(05-23-2020, 01:09 AM)PioneerSX2 Wrote:
(05-22-2020, 03:57 AM)Aunvyrae Wrote: After a lot of digging, the caps of resources is all the matters. What this means is that 500 OQ = 1000 OQ in the crafting calculator on how good things are. If you need confirmation do a  search through SWGCraft (if you can find the post on Post CU crafting) or google SWG Resource caps when crafting. Either should point you to enough information to confirm this.

Unfortunately there are lot of variations without our own crafting that points out determinations in chassis mass. Some which aren't native to other servers.  Like HR affecting mass, but not MA.  I've done a massive amount of research and work on this.  It's honestly hard to determine how much it does affect it at experimentation as 500 OQ.

We won't know tbh until we can have a sample.  The other issue is any changes to resources can completely train wreck ALL resources.  This has happened before in the past where nothing spawned for weeks.

When I think more into this particular issue,  I think I'm going to have to rescind my support as no resources is lot worse than annoying resources.
The problem is something is off with our crafting from live. With confirmation from old dev posts and multiple guides on crafting changes from Pre-CU>CU>NGE what the final calculator should be doing is what I posted above. Sadly, with what I'm hearing from multiple crafters is the experimentation is off and what is causing issues with crafting as a whole. On live with what I posted above you could guarantee caps on weapons, here you can't even with the best resources. this go for chassis and other stuff as well. there are way to many variations in our current crafting system that is not acting like live to determine if 500 cap resources are acting like 1000OQ cap like it should be. In reality it shouldn't be an issue, in our current system it's possible. But like you said more testing has to be done and I'm not sure we could ever come up with a precise consensus since experimentation is all over the place. Besides, you could never cap chassis on live ever. Even with the best resources from all the servers. THe calculator would allow you to do it.
DJ this has to be the most idiotic and fear laden comment you’ve written to date. Reedux puts out quality patches, testing for bugs ad naseum. To insinuate otherwise shows that you have zero right to give any input here. I’ve been here and on VoH since nearly the beginning and there has never been a time when resources didn’t spawn for weeks.

I’m serious when I say stop talking while the big boys have a constructive conversation.
(05-23-2020, 01:37 AM)Aunvyrae Wrote:
(05-23-2020, 01:09 AM)PioneerSX2 Wrote:

The problem is something is off with our crafting from live. With confirmation from old dev posts and multiple guides on crafting changes from Pre-CU>CU>NGE what the final calculator should be doing is what I posted above. Sadly, with what I'm hearing from multiple crafters is the experimentation is off and what is causing issues with crafting as a whole. On live with what I posted above you could guarantee caps on weapons, here you can't even with the best resources. this go for chassis and other stuff as well. there are way to many variations in our current crafting system that is not acting like live to determine if 500 cap resources are acting like 1000OQ cap like it should be. In reality it shouldn't be an issue, in our current system it's possible. But like you said more testing has to be done and I'm not sure we could ever come up with a precise consensus since experimentation is all over the place. Besides, you could never cap chassis on live ever. Even with the best resources from all the servers. THe calculator would allow you to do it.

the cap was 500OQ never 1000 on live each space resource had its own cap. and  is slightly diff from other ground. also all  parts cap same as live well tech we over cap parts now...

the only thing you could not cap ever even on live was actual ship mass.  i can 100% cap weapons here as well. it just requires me to Deed a resource i dont have as i missed it otherwise i'v sold capped Null's and GCW2 borstels and regular weapons..the closest we could get was 10-20 points shy on mass on chassis on here/live which isnt going to matter on anything but like  tiny ships and even then...thats nothing..
Erotica, that's false. Legends has capped ships certain ships and they haven't touched space resources. Of course those ships also don't use space resources. Tie Advance/Awings have hit game cap there for quite awhile now. Back when I was on legends I paid 100m for capped naboo/awing/tiea.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon