Poll: Should a space TEF occur when in Space PVP?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
TEF for /escapepodyes
6.67%
1 6.67%
TEF from repairing at Star Base
0%
0 0%
Both
13.33%
2 13.33%
No changes needed
80.00%
12 80.00%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IogoomCreate a TEF for /escapepodyes
When engaged in PVP you should get a TEF to disable the ability to /escapepodyes and deny your opponent the GCW for beating you. It should also prevent you from communicating with the Starbase so repairs can't be made mid fight.
Not a fan of making any changes to space pvp mechanic changes of any type. Most the pilots here want to preserve the live like experience and not all the nonsense other servers run.
I can't agree with Pioneer more. If you can't kill a fast enough to get the GCW maybe change what your doing. Don't jack with space as the what might be a little change might wipe out space completely..
When NGE hit, it was space that kept a lot of us Pre-CU/CU guys around. Outside of balance passes and new content space shouldn't be changed. It was fine the way it was and doesn't need to be changed.
(05-22-2020, 03:32 AM)Aunvyrae Wrote: When NGE hit, it was space that kept a lot of us Pre-CU/CU guys around. Outside of balance passes and new content space shouldn't be changed. It was fine the way it was and doesn't need to be changed.

The thing is, this would be a balancing mechanic. Ground pvp has no possible way to flag out of special forces in 3 seconds. Ground pvp locks you out of structures. The /escapepod yes mechanic is being abused by certain players to deny gcw in space.
(05-22-2020, 10:43 AM)Iogoom Wrote:
(05-22-2020, 03:32 AM)Aunvyrae Wrote: When NGE hit, it was space that kept a lot of us Pre-CU/CU guys around. Outside of balance passes and new content space shouldn't be changed. It was fine the way it was and doesn't need to be changed.

The thing is, this would be a balancing mechanic. Ground pvp has no possible way to flag out of special forces in 3 seconds. Ground pvp locks you out of structures. The /escapepod yes mechanic is being abused by certain players to deny gcw in space.
This is a very weak argument. You're  a captain of a ship. Scuttling a ship has been a tradition with  well over a 1000 years of history. Space ships just make it easier. 

Again as mentioned in discord,  taking away the captains freedom isn't a good trade off for pvp incompetence. Just about everyone on this server is running s8 or lower. Very few s0 users. Single w0 re can 1 shot most people.
(05-22-2020, 10:43 AM)Iogoom Wrote:

It's not a balancing act, it's a change because you suck at space. Changing something because you don't understand it or are bad at it is a bad change... or in your words "balancing mechanic". I've pvp'd a lot, never had I had a player able to cheat GCW out of me except in the beginning when I didn't understand space mechanics or have a good ship loadout.
^ this.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon