• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
PioneerSX2Imperial Pilot gun reward - Boltdriver rework
Issue:   The boltdriver is imperial reward gun with MEH level stats. If you compare it to the freelance/rebel rewards: Tricannon/Borstel,  it doesn't.

Data:
Borstel has 98.5% max  99+% min  14.1 eps.
Boltdriver has  96.5% max  97.5% min  27.2 eps

As you can see the w7 just doesn't match up well vs freelance and rebel rewards.

Revision 1:
My thought would be boost the boltdriver to the following stats:

1910 min to  2k min (+/- roughly)
2953 max to  3200 max (+/- roughly)
Eps to 16.

this would give it  2.1k min  3360 max and 15.2 eps post RE.(edited) Making it not quite borstel, but decent option. Before freaking out about the max damage, it's important to look at the vss/vsa.  W7's even at 99% ( 0.63) vss/vsa are still massively worse than a w8 95% (0.657).  If you read my Friday Feature on how weapon damage is calculated you'd know that the average boltdriver RE is going to be doing 20%+ less damage than a meh quality w8. That's before the actual damage is applied.  Remember kids, Vss/vsa isn't not boosted by Weapons Overloads.

Result:  Boltdriver is little less lame, but at least ok'ish.

Revision 2:  Clone the Borstel/tricannon.

Result:  Boltdriver is win.
Option 1 is the one i see as a good one. Gives lower mass ships a viable multi gun setup. Also more viable setups means more fun parts to collect and build. Instead of just throwing them into a maybe one day box
(06-26-2020, 11:28 AM)Tehee Wrote: Option 1 is the one i see as a good one. Gives lower mass ships a viable multi gun setup. Also more viable setups means more fun parts to collect and build. Instead of just throwing them into a maybe one day box

I agree completely.  Interesting low mass builds are vital for pvp.
This would be a welcomed change. The EPS on the Borstel is 100%++ when compared to every best possible stat available for that tier. While the Boltdriver might as well be some meh looted piece since none of the stats make it competitive or make you feel rewarded for grinding out an Imperial Ace.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon