• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RangerPhenomExpand game play experience
One thing that I always disliked about live is that we only had 2 character slots.  I ran 6 accts in order to be able to play each profession as if you do not then you are missing out on significant chunks of what the game is all about and what it has to offer.  I would like to suggest that character slots be populated by profession and that players can create as many toons as they like but that they can only fill one in each slot.  No making 10 DSJ or 5 Commandos.  If they want one of each profession as well as one of each crafter they can.  This allows players to actually branch out and try every profession and perhaps find a new favorite rather than their stale old LSJ.  An addition to this would be that for each acct that only 5 toons are allowed online at a time.  So in theory a player would be able to have 12 toons(Jedi, Commando, Medic, Officer, Smuggler, spy, Ent, BH and the 4 types of trader)
5 toon slots is plenty. If you're really wanting more toons, respec one of your lesser. Main issue is the massive increase of lots and flooding of real estate/harvestors. both of these are economy breaking.

only solution to this is shared lots, which is low priority atm. if 1 account only has 50 lots total regardless of # of toons, then I'd advocate this being an interesting idea.
then a reduction of lots if you give 12 toon slots (Smug, Jedi, Mando, BH, Medic, Spy, Offie, Ent, and one of each kind of crafter) then each toon gets say 5 lots apiece instead of 10

or even taking the respec and resetting of expertise cost to 0 permanently....as suggested in an earlier suggestion....all of those things were instituted by SOE on live and serve no real purpose other than a credit sink for people who didn't want to spend the money to have multiple accounts and had to spend millions of creds to bounce from one crafter to another etc. But honestly I would prefer to have separate toons because I am a Star Wars Nerd and simply respecing my Jedi back and forth from Smuggler just doesn't feel like it is setting the identity of my characters the way that I would like to play the game. Also in that, I love to craft things and set up deals to help new players on server I would prefer to not have to bounce to Theed every 5 minutes to change my crafter over from armor to weaps to tailor to DE in order to help these players get outfitted.
I like this idea more character slots with shared lots of max 50, or like RangerPhenom said 5 lots a character and max 10 character slots, cant imagine 12 cause that would be more then 50 lots, 12 x 5 = 60
I think the downfall to having more character slots is the community aspect of the game will go down even more than it already has. Even with 5 toons its hard to find entertainers and what not as most players have one themselves and become self sufficient, taking away the little day to day interactions with the other players.
(12-17-2019, 01:57 PM)Chavex Wrote: I think the downfall to having more character slots is the community aspect of the game will go down even more than it already has.  Even with 5 toons its hard to find entertainers and what not as most players have one themselves and become self sufficient, taking away the little day to day interactions with the other players.

the problem with entertainers is the fact SOE made it to where entertainers cant be afk anymore with that new build a buff system, if we could get back the old system then entertainers wouldnt be a problem, we have afk sampling, we have afk combat, why not come back with afk entertainers
(12-19-2019, 02:18 PM)Meescha Wrote:
(12-17-2019, 01:57 PM)Chavex Wrote: I think the downfall to having more character slots is the community aspect of the game will go down even more than it already has.  Even with 5 toons its hard to find entertainers and what not as most players have one themselves and become self sufficient, taking away the little day to day interactions with the other players.

the problem with entertainers is the fact SOE made it to where entertainers cant be afk anymore with that new build a buff system, if we could get back the old system then entertainers wouldnt be a problem, we have afk sampling, we have afk combat, why not come back with afk entertainers
Because the Pre-CU buffs were a broad spectrum buff where the NGE buffs are more selective and targeted. The NGE system is much better because a trader needs critical hit about as much as a commando needs assembly or amazing success chance.
actually a lot don't have ents...sadly but people go to others in guild and ask. a 6th slot gives freedom. most will likely use it for combat..

there isn't a community in general for traders for how big we are trader wise is struggling still. everyone wants combat toons i can say for the one's in TEF who have ents are usually never around anymore . the few who do are very rarely on.

the couple we have are never on unless its heroic/pvp time.

a 6th slot for a few to is just freedom to play another combat profession. some just want it for the free slots for harvest or houses/storage. 

if a 6th slots ever added we should still be limited to  5 logins or 4. if ones ever  gets added needs to be now...not later this was done with the 5th slot on voh held for a year after over a 100+ asked for it and it took that long almost.

we also need to be up to par with legends/beyond , legends has a 6th. beyonds getting one.

for me personally i'd like a 6th for a extra medic for a rebel on my main account. i had to get rid of my rebel medic AKA gothica before prophecy to help out on the rebel side in the past on VoH then drop it to have a LSJ .

i know others not in TEF want one to start traders to help out but they refuse to respec combat toons just to help out when a 6th slot can be turned on. 

the ent excuse is really old and dumb there are quite a couple PRE-CU servers who have 6-10 toon slots with more population then us . the ent argument would work if it was not for that this is a dead game not server but game in general it growing would require stuff like this/other servers which is one thing holding people back is they lose a slot compared to other servers.

something to people really really need to remember and think...think if you were someone with years of work. on 6 toons about to drop a server to here with less slots it's unlikely . they'll be like Idk...less slots less freedom i have here then i did on my current choices i have to make do i really wanna give up x profession just to try a server unlikely. less slots for harvesters means less people willing to pick up a trader.

this would likely help people pick up that aspect or a ent. or a toon to level via legacy. 

This server is also half EU/Half U.S it seems so there's that..timezones are so not the same. so less chance of finding someone as a lot do not have ents it would seem on both sides.

there's also the nice aspect gets more people leveling toon's either AFK or out/about for me i'd likely do legacy as i skipped it here/voh to help get TEF  up/running with nitro.
I'd like a 6th slot just to have a pocket engineer.  Lot of space parts like flight computers/astro mechs are very relevant to pilots.  However another 10 lots open is another 127 ber x3 I can extract more resources at or have more housing.  

However like Chav said,  it takes away from interacting with other players... which while our community is growing, is still very tiny and it's not a good mind set to get into for complete self sufficiency..  Sometimes what we desire isn't always for the health of the game even though it's something we'd want.. this is one of those times.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon