Poll: Should the Drop-Rate change?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, Raise the Drop-Rate of the 4/5
40.00%
4 40.00%
No, Keep the Drop-Rate of the 4/5
60.00%
6 60.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RebelEmpireGalaxiesRaise Drop-Rate of Jedi/Sith Holocrons
Yes the holo was hard to get when we played years ago, but when you grind for 3 days straight, and not one holo drops there needs to be change.  Ithe thrill if getting your waist pack and meditatiin abilities are what drives the jedi profession, not to mention going against the statues, which can not be possible until you have all the holos.  
No the master cloak, with 35's dies not even come close and not to mention ever doing pvp, cause you don't have the power to do anything besides being played waist.
I think the rate it drops need to be raised, it was never this hard to get years ago.
(01-13-2021, 01:40 AM)AnnaValarious Wrote: I don't think SWG meant for the Jedi to just settle for the master cloak or why have the quest line leading up to the Cloak of Hate?? Yes you could settle if you like. And your strong opinions won't detour us from grinding the 4\5 or the credits to buy one. It would be a way for players to finish the Jedi quest and join in on PvP and heroics.  This is simply how myself and the Jedi friends I'm grinding with feel. This post was a way to voice how we feel. Take care.

We went to NS vs SMC POI and our group was grinding for 3+ hours and not 1 single holo dropped. We have been grinding for months..hours at a time. We aren't lazy or asking for handouts! When we all played in beginning of 2000s we did alot of grinding then to get it! We will do it again or do something different. The answer of settling for the master cloak is not an option. Take care.

And there's your issue right there you went to a POI where the spawns were pretty much increased in respawn times to 15 minutes. you will not get a holo there just like that you'll get maybe 1-5 a night asking the poi and that's if lucky.

The loot drops are no offense fine...as others have pointed in discord. group up and roam the planet. use alts bot the alts there are people on both sides who have gone out with a friend with 4 characters each and looted 2-3 of the rarest holos in hours. RNG is again RNG i have gone out and gotten 17 4/5 Jedi meditate before a waist then sometimes I have gotten 4 4/5 Jedi waist in an hour. 

Sith is the same...in fact if you are AT THE KEYBOARD and farming a POI you are doing it sooooooooooooooooooo wrong go and roam with a group of 8 and you will run into hordes of 20-30 night sisters at a time. use the POI to afk overnight like others. 

in the span of 2 years, I have looted 31  Sith 4/5 waist and 19 Jedi 4/5 Waist and only 14 sith 1/5 waist. there are others who done the same so the whole excuse is really old no offense there are others who thought the same use the POI they went and roamed with a group and guess what in a night they got multiple 4/5 waist and half the sith for a friend. i have also given out close to a dozen sets with nitro we randomly do.

Jedi are useless in PVP as well so don't even try to bring one to anything bigger than a 1v1 or 2v2 or you will likely hate it at least in till staff if ever decides to add the Jedi healer which Is likely never.

And the server is far from dying its #2 in population #2 in PVP #2 in player activity. 

Also, try dark Jedi on Dantooine they have a better drop rate on sith no idea why but they do.
Have to agree with Kitty, most are doing it wrong.

Also spiderclan drop them, as I have proved.

Just a thought.
(01-12-2021, 03:15 AM)RebelEmpireGalaxies Wrote: Okay, first off I'm not a jedi, But the argument I'm presenting is this...

The Sith 4/5 Holocron for the waistpack is legendary in how difficult it is to obtain, and for the most part it is absolutely necessary for a jedi to obtain so they can be ready to do heroics and pvp, You essentially place a giant wall infront of every jedi just so they can play the game.

It is because of the Sith 4/5 that I could not as a good friend or brother, recommend going jedi. Which seems silly since most people I know want to be one.

As for the economics surrounding this item, I would suggest just lowering some other Item that is highly desired but NOT "required" to be heroic ready.

** The drop rate is not the problem - the problem is most likely you are doing it wrong - or in the wrong place - i will point out some problems that would help you in getting the holos that you need - 
   1st- the most popular and best imo place to grind for holos is the SMC vs NS battle poi - problem is that normally 1 group of 5       toons is there afk monopolizing the entire poi, this needs to change . AFKing a poi should not be allowed and there should be a macro dump at all poi's to help stem that.
   2nd - population - being that the population is as low as it is means that needed items are not looted enough to make them readily available - i have some ideas to help that but that is another topic  
   3rd - i dont think that the drop rate should be lowered at all but would suggest an alternative way for a Jedi to earn the holos - possibly with new content ie long questline or challenges - or as it is NOT an item needed to run heroics possibly list them jedi on instance vendor for purchase with heroic tokens.
   - most things on this server have ALREADY been made to easy - problem with that is the easier you make everything the less interest people have because once you get everything you want then the desire to play drops dramatically- 
(01-16-2021, 06:09 PM)xRATx Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 03:15 AM)RebelEmpireGalaxies Wrote: Okay, first off I'm not a jedi, But the argument I'm presenting is this...

The Sith 4/5 Holocron for the waistpack is legendary in how difficult it is to obtain, and for the most part it is absolutely necessary for a jedi to obtain so they can be ready to do heroics and pvp, You essentially place a giant wall infront of every jedi just so they can play the game.

It is because of the Sith 4/5 that I could not as a good friend or brother, recommend going jedi. Which seems silly since most people I know want to be one.

As for the economics surrounding this item, I would suggest just lowering some other Item that is highly desired but NOT "required" to be heroic ready.

** The drop rate is not the problem - the problem is most likely you are doing it wrong - or in the wrong place - i will point out some problems that would help you in getting the holos that you need - 
   1st- the most popular and best imo place to grind for holos is the SMC vs NS battle poi - problem is that normally 1 group of 5       toons is there afk monopolizing the entire poi, this needs to change . AFKing a poi should not be allowed and there should be a macro dump at all poi's to help stem that.
   2nd - population - being that the population is as low as it is means that needed items are not looted enough to make them readily available - i have some ideas to help that but that is another topic  
   3rd - i dont think that the drop rate should be lowered at all but would suggest an alternative way for a Jedi to earn the holos - possibly with new content ie long questline or challenges - or as it is NOT an item needed to run heroics possibly list them jedi on instance vendor for purchase with heroic tokens.
   - most things on this server have ALREADY been made to easy - problem with that is the easier you make everything the less interest people have because once you get everything you want then the desire to play drops dramatically- 

no one can really afk's the battle here and it's checked pretty often just like DWB/other poi. if someone is AFK monopolizing the entire place to it is reportable.

the adding them to vendors was given to them in a post with https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing but it's for restuss to which would bring people into PVP and give rebels eve more incentive to all zerg us and try farming the imperials.

The drop rate is retail to not like legends that boosted its drop by X3 ages ago and ruined the holo market there. I remember buying sith 4/5 waist for 5mil because of it.

people gotta remember upping drops in SWG is far diff than most other MMO loot tables. krayt DNA is an example of that item was a 0.5% drop and there are hundreds with how easy the npcs are to kill gotta think how many will drop and how it will impact that market by making the item so useless no value if 300 get looted in the first month of a change. 

hence why I offered the idea of new rewards on the new comm vendor while fixing the amount you get in PvP. thus a reason you would see a big spike in pvp.
ok, I have been away from the topic for a bit so lemme get to it.

First off, AWESOME we got more of people looking at this!! most are in opposition to my idea and thats fine.

Now, I will give my counter arguement to the above posts.

1. "you are doing it wrong, and I have collected 31 in 2 years" really bad arguement since the economics and market on the item hinges on its rarity, It is a bad faith arguement to say that It is both Easy to get and Not that Easy. I'm not targetting anyone with this, since some have the same stance, but it is either a rare item that is a 35+mil item or it is not.

and the "you are doing it wrong", I sympathize with quigin and Anna because of the scarcity of the information out there. There is not alot of guides out there. I speculate its because they rather get the 4/5 and sell it to the jedi, than teach the jedi how to farm it quickly.

Last point on this .... point. I wonder how long a jedi is expected to grind their holos, 8 hours? a week? a month? what do you consider exceptable? and then I want to then notice that this arguement only effects jedis. Almost all other classes can buy primus battle armor for 500,000 and then like 4-8mil on 35s or create them (which has been made easier), super easy. 

2. "Economics" ok this is going to be short, The Economics unfairly are weighed on the shoulders of jedis. No other Class Item is like this.

3. "Alternative ways to earn the sith 4/5" now I believe xRATx was the first to bring this up and I agree, If there was a less RNG less dick-ish way for jedis to obtain the holocrons I would venture the guess that they would take it happily.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

now to address an off-topic comment I made "Server is Dyeing" I was mainly referring to the donations tab in discord, It looks pretty grim to say but, by feburary we may not have a SWG prophecy.

let's just leave it at that since THAT is only an observation (something that I can see) not an arguement or anything.
(01-17-2021, 06:39 PM)RebelEmpireGalaxies Wrote: ok, I have been away from the topic for a bit so lemme get to it.

First off, AWESOME we got more of people looking at this!! most are in opposition to my idea and thats fine.

Now, I will give my counter arguement to the above posts.

1. "you are doing it wrong, and I have collected 31 in 2 years" really bad arguement since the economics and market on the item hinges on its rarity, It is a bad faith arguement to say that It is both Easy to get and Not that Easy. I'm not targetting anyone with this, since some have the same stance, but it is either a rare item that is a 35+mil item or it is not.

and the "you are doing it wrong", I sympathize with quigin and Anna because of the scarcity of the information out there. There is not alot of guides out there. I speculate its because they rather get the 4/5 and sell it to the jedi, than teach the jedi how to farm it quickly.

Last point on this .... point. I wonder how long a jedi is expected to grind their holos, 8 hours? a week? a month? what do you consider exceptable? and then I want to then notice that this arguement only effects jedis. Almost all other classes can buy primus battle armor for 500,000 and then like 4-8mil on 35s or create them (which has been made easier), super easy. 

2. "Economics" ok this is going to be short, The Economics unfairly are weighed on the shoulders of jedis. No other Class Item is like this.

3. "Alternative ways to earn the sith 4/5" now I believe xRATx was the first to bring this up and I agree, If there was a less RNG less dick-ish way for jedis to obtain the holocrons I would venture the guess that they would take it happily.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

now to address an off-topic comment I made "Server is Dyeing" I was mainly referring to the donations tab in discord, It looks pretty grim to say but, by feburary we may not have a SWG prophecy.

let's just leave it at that since THAT is only an observation (something that I can see) not an arguement or anything.

So now people are entitled to drops it sounds like is what you are saying. the way you make it sounds like well I farmed 10 hours I didn't get it I demand a change now or else. that's exactly what this post says. donations shouldn't even be about this thread lol.

there are  Alternative ways it's called buy it.....some of you been here a year now almost and no money? somethings wrong with you all there are people farming about 50-100mil a week just AFKing people up in areas around the galaxy just from credits. Holocrons are at an all-time low and so cheap compared to a year ago when a set would run for 150-200m.

There are also people farming sets of holos who are new and have completed there's....I'm seeing no issue other than people who are apparently vets on prophecy yet I never see them unless it's AFK.

This thread is the exact same as the one about liquids for Mando are too rare yet that was also bs and it was just 2 people who were too lazy to put the work in.

This also isn't legends where you can donate $ to get free items which is a real thing on that server and why you'll see some getting shuttles in their cities atm there when it's capped all because admin using powers to profit.

All this time spent in discord/forums trying to change it because a couple can't get said item could be energy spent in-game getting it...

As for my farming the holos yeah that's a lot considering half them are from going out after a server restart and getting 3-4 in 2 hours of the rarest ones. but if someone who just joined in Dec completed 2 sets I do not see why others can not other than they did not try. also Jedi can use 35s+armor and still be useful in PVE it's also tech better if you never plan to PVP. 

I have 4/5 my characters with it completed plan to do my 5th soon I know nitro has 3. there are people with 5 Jedi all 5 sets done. there have been roughly about 400 sets completed here in 3 years that's a lot for such a small server way more than mando suits.

Instead of sitting here and acting like you are doing it right go give it a try. you'd be amazed how many holo's 2 players with 4 toons each can farm in a night. bigger spawns=bigger chances and when you are killing thousands of NPCs a night it adds up. oh, let's not forget RLS Drops you should be making bank off them eventually. 

As for the time sink depending where you are a lot can't work atm...so there's a lot of free time for some. timing shouldn't be an issue unless they really do not play here. idk....that's on them.

Either way, holos are common here  to say they are not people who clearly do not put the time in or are expecting a handout. there is no guide needed it's simple where they drop it's on the wiki. however, spawns are based by group more in group=more mobs. if you go solo yeah you will likely never get it that's on you. but that's not the case there are a lot who farmed it solo doing 2-4h a night for a month which is not much time considering other items in-game are far harder to farm up.

I also know treasure maps can yield the rare holo's faster and easier but I find them boring/easy and more of just driving around. but I know some have gotten quite a lot holo's this way and made hundreds of millions. they also drop the buff crystals and they alone can sell for 25-50mil. the BH pieces sell like hotcakes too and they also drop ancient pearls as well as really good stat loot.

Again people do have options...people have offered help heck there are a couple good Holo spots out there for both afkable people have had a lot luck with.
JMC or the robes via the vet rewards tokens give you a very effective jedi when you use 35s, buffs ect ect.

For heroics and even random pvp (not the stuff that's arranged with main players) you can be extremely effective.

Meditate collection I've completed on 3 or 4 of my 5 toons.

And as Kitty states, running around solo will not yield the results you seek.....the most effective way is groups and nuke everything, all the while, keeping the junk,stat loot etc to sell to REers, junk dealers w/e. Then there's RLS drops that can bare fruit and add to your balance....then maps.

Credits are super easy to come by , just stick a group in frosch bunker and you'll pull in loads.

As for the server being dead comment....Having being on staff the donations have always been stable but only ever brought up in community AMAS and it's told to the community, it's only recently that after some time it's appearance on discord after many people have asked.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon